How is CPSI addressing safety and health concerns for the 2021 National Client Conference?
Maintaining the health and safety of conference attendees is our top priority. As such, we will follow the most up to date guidelines put forth by the CDC in addition to additional mitigation strategies outlined below. This information will be updated as CDC guidelines change and/or Marriott International protocols are changed.
Marriott associates must follow the protocols set forth by Marriott International. At this time, they must wear masks.
Marriott vendors must also wear masks during all deliveries.
If Marriott International’s protocols are less strict than what has been put forth by CPSI, CPSI can request that Marriott associates follow our protocols. However, they cannot be mandated to follow those put in place by CPSI.
Marriott associates are educated on the proper way to wear, handle, and dispose of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), as well as the appropriate way to wash hands, sneeze, and avoid touching their faces. Marriott provides PPE to their staff and will require all associates to wear based on role and responsibility. Associates are trained on proper use and disposal of PPE. This includes face masks.
All associates are required to have their temperature taken prior to entering the work area. Any associate with a temperature of 100.4+ and/or exhibiting any known COVID-19 symptoms, per CDC guidelines, will not be permitted to work.
Marriott uses disinfectant products that have been approved and certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and other international government environmental agencies, as applicable, for use against emerging viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens. Their enhanced cleaning protocols adhere to the recommendations set forth in the EPA Emerging Pathogen Policy regarding cleaning and sanitization. Public spaces, including high-touch areas, are cleaned and disinfected more frequently.
In guest rooms, associates focus on cleaning deeply between guest stays and limiting in-room services during the stay.
Hand sanitizer stations are installed throughout high-traffic areas across the hotel.
Marriott has rolled out enhanced technologies, including electrostatic sprayers and the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to sanitize surfaces throughout the property. These sprayers can rapidly clean and disinfect entire areas.
Marriott has implemented touchless or low-touch solutions and adopted contactless technologies including Mobile Key, Mobile Dining, Mobile Chat, and guest requests via the Marriott Bonvoy™ app. Additionally, they have moved to touchless menu options and information throughout the property.
Guest greetings have been modified to a nod, wave, or bow while continuing to ensure guest needs are met.
GUEST ROOMS: Deeper cleaning between guest stays; focused on using the right chemicals (hospital-grade disinfectant) in every single part of the room. Deep cleaning and disinfection of all furniture, fixtures, and surfaces (headboards, end tables, etc.). Deeper cleaning of high-touch items (handles, knobs, pulls, electronic and temperature controls). Increased frequency of filter replacements and HVAC system cleaning to filter out air contaminants and maximize fresh air exchange. Reducing or removing non-essential high-touch items (non-disposable glassware, magazine or books, and decorative pillows, etc.). Once checked in, the Marriott team will not enter guest rooms during their stay unless required for emergency situations. Upon request, housekeeping service will be provided.
Signage is placed in the lobby around elevators explaining elevator capacity with guidelines for proper social distancing and elevator capacity. PUBLIC SPACE: Increased frequency of sanitizing and cleaning, wiping down of elevator buttons, handles, and surfaces throughout the public space to ensure areas remain clean and sanitized. Increased frequency and rotational cleaning of public restrooms.
Bell carts will be sanitized after each use. When delivering luggage to the guest’s room, it will be delivered after the guest is in the room in order to ensure social distancing.
General Protocols Onsite
- We will host as many conference events as possible outside.
- Hand sanitizing stations (60% or higher alcohol) throughout the conference/meeting rooms.
- Mask will be required inside the hotel/convention center.
- Bottled water will be provided vs. carafes and glasses.
- Commercial sanitizer will be placed in the Solution Showcase area to wipe down all equipment between uses.
- All breakout rooms (tables and chairs) will be wiped down (sanitized) between each education session.
- Signage will be placed throughout the event to remind attendees to wear their mask, wash hands, stay 6 ft. apart, avoid touching eyes.
- Buttons will be distributed to help with attendee social distancing (stay 6 ft. apart, fist bump, etc.)
- Masks for all attendees and employees will be handed out at registration.
Conference Breakout Rooms
- All breakout rooms will be set with a minimum of 4 ft. distance between attendees.
- 1 attendee per 6 ft. classroom seating
- 4 attendees per 8 ft. round table seating
- U-shape seating will have one seat per every 4-6 ft.
- Appropriate distance will be enforced during 1:1 meetings.
- General Session seating will meet all social distancing guidelines. Depending on the number of attendees, this could require breaking this into two sessions, allowing for fewer people in a closed area.
- Directional signage for one-way entry and exit placed in all breakout rooms.
- Doors will be propped open prior to the start of all functions.
- More frequent cleaning and sanitization in high traffic areas and throughout meeting space, specifically during peak break times.
- All linen will be replaced after each use.
- No water carafes or water stations in rooms - we encourage attendees to use reusable water bottles or bottled water.
- Floors will be marked for appropriate spacing at bars, food stations, coffee breaks etc.
- Meals will be provided outside, when possible.
- Meals will be served by hotel staff to limit the touching of serving pieces.
- Boxed or creative meal preps will be used (individual packaging, gloves, etc.).
- Daily reminders will be sent to all attendees e.g. if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms - fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID symptoms please refrain from attending today’s activities.
- Exploring the use of a daily symptom tracker for attendees to fill out each morning of the conference.